Internship – Child Development (Infant/Toddler Teacher)
The Infant-Toddler Intern provides day-to-day support for the kids rooms.
More specifically, this role assists our Infant/Toddler Teacher on all aspects of child development, coordination of daily schedule and activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Care of infants: changing diapers, feeding, cuddling…lots of cuddling
- Assist teacher with maintaining the cleaningness and safety of the kids and the kids’ room.
- Maintains an open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child and family.
- Respects infants’ curiosity about each other; ensures that children treat each other gently.
- Maintains a positive, calm attitude and a pleasant, soothing voice, and models this attitude and voice for parents and others working or volunteering in the program.
- Talks, sings, and reads to infants frequently.
- Logs into our system the children’s daily activities
- Able to stand, sit and pick babies up.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible work environment.
Minimum Job Requirements
- College degree in progress, preferably in Child Development or a related field.
- CPR and First Aid Certified
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with a wide variety of people.
- Able to work well with children
- General knowledge of the culture and business philosophy preferred.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with children, their parents and co-workers,
This is an unpaid internship at Collab&Play, the duration of which will depend on the student’s school calendar.
1800 S. Brand Blvd, #103, Glendale, CA, 91204