Meet Bob Christian:
Bob is our featured member of the month. He works in social media and produces video content for brands and destinations.
How long have you been a member?
I feel like I’ve been a member ever since I’ve been a Dad, but looking back I guess it’s just been about a year. We were having trouble working at home and keeping up with Augustine – and the second she could really crawl – forget it.
Tell us about the work you do:
- I produce 2D and 360 video content for brands and destinations – this could be anything from a 30 second social video on Facebook to a 5 minute immersive experience for trade shows. I love doing this work, I just wish I could find a mac that loved the work as much as I do.
- I write and perform music under the name Chattavon Bratts. I’ve actually been using the ‘after-hours’ benefit of Collab&Play to have a late night quite place that I can be loud, and it’s been working out great. I’ve got a show this month and will be able to play some material that I created around midnight at C&P.
- I manage my own social media account (instagram @CivilMatador) as well as other brands and destinations. If you ever see me just staring at a screen like a zombie but somehow still hitting buttons on my computer – that’s when I’m doing a but ‘social media updates session’. While the day to day updating on a bunch of platforms may not be my most favorite thing, I LOVE talking social media practice and theory – I LOVE LOVE LOVE talking about it.
What is your best piece of advice you would like to share?
- the horseback rides at Griffith Park are a huge win.
- Lemon Tree restaurant in Korea Town is magical
- if you’re in a bind – apparently a 23 month old can live off of goldfish and red-cap pouches
- Live in a Blue State.
When not at Collab&Play, how are you most likely spending your time?
Working. I love the work I do. It’s everything I built my life around. Our home office is literally awash in music and production gear – I have to clean it up ’cause right now there’s just a trail to the computer and a trail to the daybed.
Share some fun facts about yourself
- Too often my e-mail inbox becomes a list of “suggested reading”.
- If I could have any superpower – it would be to pause time (flying is obviously a close second)
- For all the travel I do – I’m not a big fan of travel. However, I married a girl who has pushed me to have some of the most amazing experiences of my life – ( = @Vagabond3)
- *psst :: Also, my lips aren’t as red as they look.